Sunday, October 25, 2015

Old 43 Cocktail

Over this past summer my best friend and I liked to spend our time hanging out at a local restaurant/ bar called the Yard House. This place has a large beer selection, amazing food, and even better specialty cocktails. Our first time there I tried their drink called the Old 43 and it instantly became my favorite. Throughout the summer I tried a variety of their drinks, but nothing topped the Old 43. I had just recently ordered the Old Fashioned and I thought this drink was a perfect twist on that. At the end of the summer when I learned that the closest Yard House restaurant to Rochester is in New York City I knew that I would need to recreate the drink. Fortunately for me the ingredients were listed on the menu, I just needed to find the right proportions. The ingredients listed on the Yard House Menu were woodford reserve bourbon, licor 43, house citrus agave blend, orange bitters. So this past weekend I bought everything I needed (as close as I could get)  and experimented until I found the perfect combination. 



Ingredients 
Woodford Reserve Bourbon 
Licor 43
Agave 
Orange Bitters 
Orange (for Garnish) 
*Since I did not have access to their house blend agave I just used regular agave and that worked fine. 


First I muddled an orange peel and 1 teaspoon of agave. Then I added equal parts Bourbon, and Licor 43 and two splashes of orange bitters. I stirred all of ingredients together until well combined and then added ice (best thing would be to use a shaker, but unfortunately I did not have one at the time). Wait until the drink has chilled and then enjoy! 

Cheers! 

8 comments:

  1. Is there any way you would happen to have the measurements for the bourbon and 43? This is my favorite drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dash orange bitters
      1 1/2 oz Woodford Reserve bourbon
      3/4 oz licor 43 (vanilla)
      1 oz citrus agave blend
      garnish orange peel

      Delete
    2. To make the agave citrus blend, mix one part lemon juice , one part lime juice, and one part agave.

      Delete
    3. To make the agave citrus blend, mix one part lemon juice , one part lime juice, and one part agave.

      Delete
  2. Is there any way you would happen to have the measurements for the bourbon and 43? This is my favorite drink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir i beg you to modify this post I almost died drinking this without lime,lemon and agave this tastes like cough syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The the next occasion I just read a blog, I really hope that it doesnt disappoint me around this place. Come on, man, I know it was my choice to read, but I really thought youd have some thing fascinating to convey. All I hear is actually a number of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy seeking attention. Ethiopian Airlines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you mind generally if I mention one or two of your current blogs as long as I deliver you acknowledgement coupled with sources returning to your web site? My blog site is within the corresponding topic as your own and my web site visitors would certainly make use of some of the help and advice that you provide on this site. Please make sure to inform me if it is okay for you. Cheers! Ethiopian Airlines

    ReplyDelete